Additional contact information available upon request.
- Proficient in: C/C++, Java, Shell, Python, Perl, Ruby, HTML.
- Have Used: VS Code, Eclipse, Visual Studio, Microsoft Office, Windows, Linux.
Tethers Unlimited Inc, Bothell, WA
Senior Embedded Software Engineer ( – Present).
- Leads a team of engineers to design, develop, test, and debug software for the SWIFT avionics and software defined radios utilizing C and FreeRTOS, as well as to meet the software needs of various R&D projects.
- Works closely with electrical, mechanical, and systems engineers.
Harris Corporation, Rochester, NY
Senior Software Engineer, RF Communications Division ( – ).
Software Engineer, RF Communications Division ( – ).
Software Engineer Co-op, RF Communications Division ( – ).
- Worked with other engineers to design, develop, test, and debug software for the Falcon III series radios. Falcon III products are software defined radios utilizing C++ and CORBA on the QNX and Linux operating systems.
- Led a small team responsible for setting up, maintaining, and monitoring continuous integration systems for the Falcon III radios.
Bose Corporation, Stow, MA
Software Build Co-op, Automotive Systems Division ( – ).
- Developed tools in Perl to automate the build and release process for automotive amplifier software. Responsible for maintaining, refactoring, and extending existing tools, as well as designing and implementing new tools.
RIT Department of Software Engineering
SE Freshman Seminar Course Assistant ( – ).
- Assisted students in writing line-following programs for Lego Mindstorms robots using NXC.
Philmont Scout Ranch, Cimarron, NM
Backcountry Staff ( – ).
- Guided teams of 10-12 participants through team-building challenges.
McDonald's, Exton, PA
Customer Service ( – ).
- Handled taking and filling customer orders.
University of Washington (UW), Seattle, WA
- Master of Science in Computer Science & Engineering, .
- Current GPA: 3.93.
Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), Rochester, NY
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering, .
- Minors in Computer Engineering and Computer Science.
- GPA: 3.49, Field of Study GPA: 3.59.
- Cryptography I on Coursera: 96%
Flying Tiger Phase I (Senior Project)
- Worked with a team of five to develop software to operate a six-degrees-of-freedom flight simulator for Moog Inc. The software used an open-source flight simulator, FlightGear, to generate a 3D environment and instrument console, and received input from a dSPACE flight dynamics model via an ARINC-429 bus. The project required cooperation with three other teams of mechanical and electrical engineers.
- Wrote a Befunge-93 interpreter in Java for Programming Language Concepts course. Continued development as a personal project: converted to C++, made Funge-98 standard-compliant, and added support for N-dimensional funges.
Android Wear Watchface
- Wrote and maintain a watchface for Android Wear that displays upcoming calendar events as circular sectors. The watchface has not yet been published to the Play Store, but is available on GitHub.
- Currently working on a very simple operating system for x86 computers. Wrote all code including: kernel, drivers, and standard libraries using C and x86 Assembly. The OS is compatible with the Multiboot Specification and uses the GNU GRUB boot loader.
Wi-Fi-Controlled RC Car
- Built a RC car which is power by an Arduino and uses an iPod Touch to communicate with a remote computer via Wi-Fi. The car can be driven by an operator using a Java program on the remote computer.
Peg Solitaire Puzzle
- Wrote a command-line based peg solitaire puzzle in MIPS Assembly for Computer Organization.
- Used C++ to create a framework which could be used to solve a variety of puzzles by calculating all possible moves from a given configuration, as a project for Computer Science 4.
FTP Client and Server
- Created a FTP client and server in Java with a team of three, the goal was to have the client and server share as much of the code as possible. The FTP project was written for Computer Science for AP Students, and was then converted to a peer-to-peer file sharing client, compatible with projects from other teams in the class.
Achievements & Publications
- Co-author, "Flight Qualification of a Water Electrolysis Propulsion System", Small Satellite Conference ().
- Graduated with Honors from RIT ().
- Dean's List: Winter, Spring 2007/08, Summer 2008/09, Winter 2009/10, Fall 2010/11, Winter, Spring 2011/12.
- Amateur Radio License, Technician ().
- Eagle Scout ().